Click here to see the official Book Trailer
What happens when an Olympic snowboarding phenom, moves to a tiny Colorado mining town? An adventurous tale of mystery, romance, humor and faith set amid abandoned gold mines and the beautiful Colorado Rockies.
Jake Taylor has become an overnight sensation. The young snowboarder from Kansas, catapulted to instant fame when he rose from obscurity, dazzled the nation and won an Olympic silver medal. This superstar athlete, still flying high from his extraordinary year, finds himself facing new challenges when his family moves to the old mining town of Silver Springs Colorado. Quickly, his golden moment turns into the loneliest time of his life.
Sophie Metcalf’s idyllic small town life changes forever when Jake moves in. Sophie, quickly disillusioned by the young snowboarder, is determined to expose him for the self-centered phony she believes he is. However, when they find themselves mixed up in a mystery that has hit their small town they must work together to solve it. Follow Sophie and Jake as they unravel the clues, face danger, and challenge each other to become who God wants them to be.
Follow Jake on Instagram (blindside_jake) or Twitter (@BlindsideJake)
Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous hand.
– Isaiah 41:10
- I chose Jake to be from Kansas because I went to college there for a year. Many of the small town experiences are based on memories from that time.
- The story about how Breckenridge got it’s name came from an interesting fact my daughter learned in school.
- My son tried out the duct tape and cell phone scene to help prove it was possible.
Songs that help inspire my characters.
- Not Your Fault by Awolnation
- I Will Trust In You by Jeremy Camp
- Renegades by X Ambassadors