The devastation of a ruined summer.
The gift of a second chance.
Can Josie learn the lessons she needs in order to discover her true self?
After a humiliating event and overwhelming peer pressure, 16-year-old Josie flees her home to spend the summer with her Aunt on a South Carolina island. Her fresh start turns into the summer of her dreams as friendships grow, romance blossoms, and a series of thefts surround her with excitement. However, when tragedy strikes someone close to her, Josie realizes there are more important things than her reputation. As she sets out to solve the mystery she has become entangled in, she not only realizes the importance of relying on her faith but along the way also discovers who God wants her to be.
There’s More To The Story
Did you know that Josie’s adventure continues through some short stories?
More Precious Than Gold can be found in the CatholicTeenBooks Anthology – Secrets: Visible and Invisible. HERE
Unlikely Witnesses can be found in an ebook novella. HERE
More Ways To Follow
Click here to see official book trailer.
Click here for an interview with Josie by The Catholic Underground.
Check out Josie’s favorite musicals on Pinterest HERE.
- The jellyfish scene was inspired by an actual event from one of our family vacations.
- Most of the plays and musicals Josie references were ones either I or my kids were in.
- Josie is from Minnesota as a tribute to beautiful Rochester MN where we lived for a while.
- One of the characters is related to a character in The Perfect Blindside – can you guess who?
Songs that help inspire my characters.
- My Lighthouse by Rend Collective (Josie)
- My Fight Song by Rachel Platten (Josie)
- Bailamos by Enrique Iglesias (Niko)
- Life is a Highway by Rascal Flatts (Ryan)
- I Will Wait by Mumford and Sons (Ryan)