Below is a set of possible book club discussion questions. A more in-depth study guide is also available below. This guide is created in the OLVS homeschooling curriculum style.
- Josie’s school is very cliquey. Have you had experiences like that? Does getting away from problems help or is it better to stay and work through them?
- Her mom’s postcards and bible verses give Josie the encouragement she needs. Are there certain bible verses that have spoken to you?
- The priest on Coral Island talks about being a friend to Jesus. Do you have a two-way relationship with Him? Have you heard him “speak” to you?
- A recurring theme is helping people less fortunate. Do you think this is a good way to find yourself? Is there a way you can help others less fortunate?
- Josie’s mishaps help Cyd feel like she’s not alone in the world. Have other’s experiences helped you? Do you think anything you do could help others?
- Do you think Ryan and Josie are able to change the culture back at their school?
- Josie gives her mom a gift with this message on it “Dreams are like stars…you may never reach them, but if you follow them they will lead you to your destiny.” What does this mean to you?
- Who was your favorite character and why?
Click on the link below for the printable study guide.