Below are a set of possible book club discussion questions. A more in-depth study guide is also available below. This guide is created in the OLVS homeschooling curriculum style.
- In this book, Sophie gets an opportunity to experience Jake’s world. What does she think of it? Is it different than she thought it would be?
- Sophie must decide if she can live with Jake’s fame and if she can deal with how it affects her life. Are there things in your life that are hard to reconcile with who you want to be? Is there anything you can do to change that?
- Why do you think fame and religion are hard to blend together? Can you think of any examples of people who have done a good job of living a Christian life and being a celebrity?
- Jake tries to use his fame and athletic skills to make a positive difference for others. What are your gifts, talents, and interests from God? How can you use those to help others?
- Jake’s mom tells him about something that helps her stay focused on God – WWJD – “What Would Jesus Do? Have you ever heard of this acronym before? How might this simple reminder help you to make the right decisions in your life?
- Jake is asked to do something wrong in order to make things right. Have you ever been in a situation like that? Why is it important to be honest even when it seems easier to make a different choice?
- Jake and Sophie like to send up small prayers to God when they face difficulties. They also have made the choice to wear crosses. Do you have anything you do to keep your focus on Jesus throughout your day?
- The underlying theme of this book is to put God first. What does this mean to you? How could you make this change in your own life?
Click on the link below for the printable study guide.